Tuesday, November 18, 2008

30 Day Shred - I Dread

SO - if you haven't already heard, the new it workout video is "30 Day Shred", compliments of Jillian Micheals - of Biggest Loser Fame! I heard about it from my friend Ashley (more to follow on that) and proceeded to go out and by it. That was about two weeks ago and it sits in my cupboard with the rest of my abandoned ambitions for a leaner, toned and healthier me. Now Ashley has bought it and as of yesterday began her 30 day countdown.

A little background on Ashley and I. Her and I became friends about 4 years ago when she hired me (along with the rest of the board - you know who you are - it was a very estrogen filled interview room), anyway I digress. Her life and mine are so similar it is eerie! From our kids, to our husbands, to our personalities. Which leads me to my new dilemma - Ashley and I are extremely competitive - and while my competitive streak carries through to everything I do - with Ashley it is intensified ten fold!!! Which essentially means I have to get my ass up at 5:30AM to work out and somehow hope she skips a couple days in the next 30 so I can say I did it and she didn't!!! Ahhhh - sweet, painful, miserable, backbreaking, muscle aching VICTORY!!!!!

Stay posted - I am sure I will have lots to discuss tomorrow if I can even type after Jillian kicks my ass!!!!!

No comments: