Monday, November 17, 2008

A New Day

So I am up and running - not literally. Actually I am lying in bed - the furthest from running - but my blog is up and running. My goals for this new adventure - and those that know me well know I love new adventures - is to use this as a journal, a safety net, a stress reliever!! My second goal is to keep up with the first goal - I am great at starting things, not so great at continuing when it looses its appeal or shock value.........

Another hot topic of the day - SNOW!!! Not much there but enough to make its mark - the mark of cold, blistery months to come. Today is the day every year when I question why exactly we live here??? Why do I endure the treacherous roads, slushy sidewalks, screaming matches with my children as to why they must wear hats and gloves??? It is not that we are outdoor adventurers, (scratch that - I am not an outdoor adventurer) we do not own snowmobiles, skis or even skates for goodness sake. What we own are a couple old shanties and some tip-ups and fishing poles. And boing - a lighbulb goes off - that is right, I fell in love with grizzly adams, redneck of all rednecks, my husband - Jeremy!!!! That is why I put up with it - because life would not be the same if we didn't live in Northern Michigan - the four seasons; mushroom season, bird season, deer season and ice fishing season!

But in all seriousness - as much as I complain, there is something about the first freshly fallen snow - how clean it all is, how fresh it all looks, how beautiful and perfect everything looks; so perfect I decided to stay home from work, lazy in bed and start a blog....................

No comments: