Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Shred is Dead!!!!

Ashley 3
Robyn 0

Sad but true - Ashley is kicking my ass and has no shame when she reminds me about every day!!! But still it has not motivated me.

I am in a stupor of sorts lately and my only motivation is BEER! Now don't get all worried or concerned - I have everything under control - just need a little liquid sedative to make the world go away! I have big shoulders and a big personality to boot and things will get back to normal here shortly, whatever normal is!

Actually when I went to the Doctors today she actually told me a drink or two is not a bad idea considering my stress level lately. She also told me I need to exercise and change my eating habits DRASTICALLY!!! Not because I am overweight (really I sort of am) but because it too would help regulate my stress and my bodies reaction to it! Things are not regulating well lately if you know what I mean..........

Now about the Shred - to be honest I am scared shit less of Jillian. Which is comical really - because I don't even know her nor would she know me. But there is a part in the DVD (actually several parts - this means I have watched it but have not participated) where she threatens you saying things like, "This is a 20 minute workout you do not get a break" and then during the jumping jack segment, "I have 400lb people that do jumping jacks so you do not have an excuse not to do them". Well............for all she knows I could be 450lbs. Does that mean I still have to do them. (I am not 450LBS!!!!!!) So I guess my biggest fear is that I won't last 20 minutes - and in the state I am in right now, failing would not be beneficial to my mental health :)

I always have problems setting goals for myself with start dates that are within the month - to me 1 is a great place to start. So......I am leaving the 30 Day Shred on the shelf until December 1 and then I am the one who will be doing the ass kicking!!!!!!!!

No comments: